Spicy Skillet Turnip Greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 pound turnip greens, cleaned and chopped
- ¼ cup water
- pinch brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to preference)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Drizzle olive oil into skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Then add ½ of turnip greens and garlic. Allow to cook down and add the remainder of the greens.
- Add water, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Adjust the amount of red pepper to your personal taste.